Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My last full day in America

So today was my last full day in America...I fly out tomorrow for France, where I will live for 3 months....this is a bittersweet thing. I will miss my family and my poor dog who will not understand why I have left here and will therefore be the saddest one of all (which utterly breaks my heart...no joke) She has been sad ever since she saw my suitcases come out yesterday :( I wish I could just take her with me! The whole thing still seems unreal...it hasn't really hit me yet that I really am flying out tomorrow...I thought this day would never come it just always seemed so far away. But I prepared myself for being bereft of American food...I ate hot dogs today, for dinner we had grilled chicken, baked beans, grilled corn on the cob and salad, I had a Rolo McFlurry from McDonalds and then to end the day I had none other than Taco Bell for my fourth meal ;) My first time eating Taco Bell since I left school and it sure tasted good :) I had to get my fill of it before I left...3 months without greasy, cheap Mexican food is a long time...lol! I hate that I can't take my phone with me...I'm going to be lost without it...I'll have a phone, but it won't be my phone and I won't be able to talk to or text my friends from it because it's just gonna be a pay-as-you-go phone that I'll just use for contacting people in France prolly. Thank God for Skype! It's funny how attached we get to our little electronics...I mean what will I do without Facebook readily accessible to me every second of the day!? lol! I had the dreaded revelation the other night in the shower that I will have to cook for myself for 3 whole months! I don't hate cooking, but I don't exactly LOVE it either. I like to do it, but not necessarily every single day...and besides I've been at school for 3 yrs now and haven't exactly gotten to hone my cooking skills. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fabulous cook, but I only have a couple recipes actually memorized and I don't know how accessible all of the ingredients we use here in America will be in France...or how expensive...so we will see how this excursion goes. I really don't mind cooking it's just a daunting thought....you better believe I will be spending a lot of time on Bon Appetite's website finding new recipes to try so I don't get bored with my food! lol! Well I gotta get some sleep so I can tackle all of the last minute projects before flying out tomorrow afternoon! I shall try to keep you updated! Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment