Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Inspiration Without Ideas



So I absolutely love the story Julie and Julia...and I have since it first came out. I love it for many reasons 1) because it obviously reminds me of Paris, all of my wonderful memories there and makes me miss it soooo much 2) it makes me think of my fabulous friend America, who I first watched the movie with and who I still plan on deboning a chicken with! 3) it's about food...and I love food...especially French food 4) it inspires and motivates me to do something similar. And that is where I run into a problem. I was thinking about this story the other night and was once again filled with inspiration and motivation...I wanted to start my own Julie/Julia project right then and there....quite literally because it took me like an hour or more to fall asleep cuz my mind wouldn't stop running...quite irritating... anyways, so I get all of this inspiration and motivation and then proceed to get stuck at the same exact place as I always do when I think about this. I have NO idea what to do! I want to do the same type of thing, set a goal of something to accomplish within a years time, I just might not blog about it.... or I might.. you never know ;) Cooking is out of the question, even though I have the Julia Child cookbooks, because I just don't love cooking...sad story I know. And like in the story it needs to be something I enjoy, like she says, cooking is an escape for her from her every day life. But also like in the story I want it to be something that will either better me, or hone a craft/talent....not just something that won't benefit me in the end because then that's just a wasted year of my life. So ideas I have thrown around but squashed are reading like 100 books in a year (I LOVE reading) but then I thought about it and unless all of those books are like self-help, beneficial books I won't benefit from it...and I can tell you now that if I read 100 books they are not all going to be educational, improvement books...sooo I threw that idea out the window. Then I thought about learning so many new classical piano pieces...but then I thought about that one too and was like, really Abby, how often do you just go sit down and play the piano...not that often. I do love playing the piano, but it's not like a huge passion or anything, not like my sister. So I feel like I wouldn't fully enjoy that or possibly not accomplish it....sooo I threw that idea out too. My newest idea is kind of a vague one, and I'm not sure how it would work, but if I did so many crafty projects: like embroidery, photo editing, sewing, etc. because I do like doing all of that stuff, I'm trying to get an Etsy account started and that would push me to do that and make some money off of it, and it would be bettering a talent.... but I'm still not completely sold on the idea...partially because I'm not exactly sure how I would set the goal, or how it would all work out...anyhoo. So I bursting with this motivation and have no idea where to go with it. So if anybody reads this silly blog of mine at all.... and if you have any suggestions, PLEASE feel free to comment with your suggestion, email me, facebook me, text me, etc with your idea. because I REALLY want to do this. I feel like right now I need a goal, an enjoyable yet challenging goal. And I feel like I'm in the perfect place in my life to do this. I am busy but not over the top busy. I don't have other people that I necessarily have to worry about taking care of...it's just me! So yeah, shoot me any suggestions and ideas you may have or tweak any of the ones I mentioned that you think might still work. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment