Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Funny Valentine

It's Valentine's Day....and I have the best Valentine in the world...and no I am NOT about to say Jesus like all of the other Christian girls that don't want to feel like a loser on Valentine's....I have Sadie, my puppy dog :)



And the reasons why she is the best Valentine ever are as follows: she loves me unconditionally, she gives me kisses when I cry or am upset, she jumps and dances with me when I'm happy and excited, she is perfectly content to lay in bed and snuggle with me when I feel like it, she will watch any movie with me...and keep my feet warm while watching it too! lol....she never decides that she likes someone else, she will never break my heart, she stares at me with those big, beautiful brown eyes and melts my heart, she tries her hardest to always please me, I don't ever have to do things to try to impress her...she loves me for me :) ... I don't have to get dressed up and put on airs to get her attention, she goes on long walks with me, she never complains, she listens to me when I ramble on or vent, she hates it when I leave, she misses me like crazy when I'm gone and is beyond excited to see me every time I walk through the door :) the list could continue to go on and on but I think that this will suffice for making my point that I really do have the best Valentine ever...and while she might not buy me chocolates and flowers, she loves me everyday of the year and is always there for me and that my friends is worth WAY more than chocolate and flowers...and yes I do realize that this is a dog I'm talking about ....but that saying is just oh so true... "the more people I meet, the more I like my dog"...People come and go, love you, hurt you, annoy you, etc...but not a dog! I have been made very aware lately that I am indeed still single, but instead of moping around and/or being bitter on Valentine's day I am choosing to be happy, enjoy this day and be thankful for the wonderful Valentine that I do have in my life! Not to mention that there is always my daddy who has been the best Valentine a girl could ask for every year for the past 22 years :) I will most likely go buy myself some chocolates and maybe some pretty flowers today, because  no one knows better than me just how wonderful I am! ;) Lol! I have always seen this day as just another really good excuse for me to buy myself and consume delicious chocolates and it be completely acceptable! And I am always on the look out for those kinds of excuses :D  Chocolate really is a girl's best friend...I have never understood girls that don't like chocolate...there must be something REALLY wrong there...they  prolly need some meds and therapy... just sayin. I will be spending my Valentine's day at PetSmart, covering a coworker's shift so she can spend the day with her bf since I am the only single one left lol! But I get to spend the evening with 2 of my favorite boys!! Hank (a request shih tzu puppy) and Rio (cutest yorkie puppy ever!) so I am guaranteed a night full of puppy kisses! :) Who could be mad about that!? Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment