Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Perfectionism is an imperfection

I have come to the realization that I am a perfectionist....and that, as a perfectionist, I find perfectionism to be an imperfection in me and there for I hate that I'm like that. Funny how that works, huh?! And I just can't seem to shake it....and from this perfectionism a hatred for mediocrity is born, which I don't think is an all together bad thing, but can make life rather rough because you're always struggling to be the best at everything....and that's impossible. I hate having weaknesses...I feel as if I am suppose to be superwoman or something. And when I know I have a weakness all it does is make me feel inferior, which is never a good feeling. If I feel like I can't do something good or at all I will just shut down and not do it, sometimes not even try because I don't want to show that I can't do it. So basically I have got to remedy this whole dumb perfectionism/superwoman problem that I have....easier said than done. Maybe that will be best done by moving to a remote, deserted island where it's just me and no one else lol! Or that could just be me running away from my problem... :) Me, some music, my dog, a few books, a horse and lots of food...and I'm set! On a happier note...I'm ridiculously stoked for IBC Live 2011 this Friday!!! It's gonna be a good one folks! =D Besides the fact that I took Saturday off so I will have a wonderful day of relaxation and fun with my friends to recoup from this crazy week of preparing for it! And then the following week is youth week in MN...which could possibly end up being the most epic trip EVER! Have I ever mentioned that I have the BEST friends in the whole wide world!? I love them. I can't wait to see my puppy dog!!! She always makes me happy and she loves me unconditionally :) Colbie Caillat makes my life wonderful...I could listen to her all day long. Somehow this mouse in my room keeps eating the peanut butter off the trap without getting caught...he's a sneaky little guy. I think it's the trap though. So later I shall set a new one and snap his little neck. Ha. Got you, mouse. Thankfully he can't reach any of my food, so he really isn't doing anything, but I still do not appreciate his existence...especially not in the same room as me. So one of us is gonna hafta go and it ain't gonna be me! Alright it's class time :P (is it spring break yet?! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment